About a year ago, I purchased the FOREO LUNA Play Plus and with each passing month I saw my skin improve. Breakouts happened less often and my skin looked brighter and more alive! Since then, I’ve raved on and on about this gadget to friends and family.
The one damper on the otherwise perfect experience was the rusting of the screws on the bottom panel. After this happened I was no longer able to replace the battery, rendering the device unusable.
Knowing how much I enjoyed the LUNA Play Plus I had already started saving up to upgrade to the LUNA 2, the one for ‘normal skin’ which comes in a light pink colour.
What is it?
The LUNA 2 is a facial cleansing brush with an anti-aging system to reduce breakouts and effects of ageing skin. It is said to remove 99.5% of dirt, oil, dead skin cells and makeup residue, enhancing absorption of skincare products. For men, this creates conditioned skin for a closer and smoother shave.
There are four models: blue for combination skin, pink for normal skin, teal for oily skin, and purple for sensitive skin.
The extra features of LUNA 2 include larger brush head, longer and softer bristles, 12 intensity levels, and a built in timer with two modes, Mode 1 for cleansing and Mode 2 for anti-ageing.
The pulsations pause every 15 seconds for Mode 1 and every 12 seconds for Mode 2 to signal the transition to another area of the face. Pulsations will pause 3 times after 1 minute for the end of Mode 1 and again after Mode 2 indicating the end of the routine. The device will switch off after 3 minutes to prevent overuse.
What’s in the box?
As usual, the shipping was super fast and the package arrived in only a few days and the box included:
LUNA 2 device: with 3 different bristle sizes and waterproof charging port on the back.
Travel pouch: a stretchy material with a drawstring closure.
USB charging cable: that works with any regular phone charger.
Magnetic scratch card: with a code to register your product for any warranty claims.
Instruction manual: which can also be found here.
How is it used?
I use it twice a day after removing any makeup:
- Apply a small amount of cleanser to the bristles
- Start working it into the skin in small circular motions
- Wet the brush if more moisture is needed
- Continue around the face, jawline and neck for a total of 1 minute
- Rinse well
- Use the reverse side of the device for anti-ageing
- Pat dry and proceed with skincare
Does the anti-ageing feature work?
I have only had it for a few weeks and haven’t noticed any differences yet. Stay tuned for updates!
Comparing LUNA Play Plus and LUNA 2
|LUNA 2||Play Plus|
|8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute||8,000 T-Sonic pulsations per minute|
|Non-porous silicone bristles||Non-porous silicone bristles|
|No replacement brush heads needed||No replacement brush heads needed|
|Waterproof for use in bath or shower||Waterproof for use in bath or shower|
|Measures at 11cm x 8.5cm||Measures at 6cm x 6.5cm|
|Rechargeable battery||Replaceable AAA battery|
|12 intensity levels||1 intensity level|
|Brush + anti-ageing feature||2-zone brush|
|450 uses per full charge||Number of uses depends on battery|
|Built-in timer with two modes||No timer|
|Press + and - together to lock device||No lock feature|
Pros & Cons
- Material: made of medical grade, non-porous silicone which is bacteria resistant, softer and more durable than nylon bristles
- Hygienic: The silicone is 35 times more resistant to bacteria build up than nylon bristles causing less breakouts
- One-time purchase: no replacements brush heads needed
- Travel-friendly: one charge lasts over 7 months and sits easily in my toiletries bag
- Quick: 2 minutes is all it takes
- It works: noticeable improvements in a couple of days
- Travel lock: pressing the + and - button simultaneously will lock the device so it doesn't spontaneously turn on during travel
Expensive: my only negative is the cost but I had used and loved the Play Plus for almost a year. I knew I wanted an upgrade and it is definitely worth the investment.
I would recommend this to anyone ready to invest in a device to improve their skin. If the cost is a concern, try the more affordable LUNA Play or LUNA Play Plus first, to give you an idea on how the product works and whether it will suit your skin.